This question has been flagged
8 Replies

I have tried searching online and on this forum but haven't found the answer.

My questions are:

1) Can Open ERP integrate with Mandrill API?

2) Are there some tutorials for this?

3) If it can, are there any differences in the verions of Open ERP being used for this integration?

Thank You.

Discard

Hi John, I'm also interested in this for deliverability reporting, although there does seem to be a few tracking features that emulate mailchimp's features available in the marketing modules. I'll post back here if I discover anyone working on a module for this.

@John, I've setup Odoo using the Mandrill SMTP server and it seems to be working quite well for outgoing/incoming emails handled through Odoo. I think it would be beneficial to be able to use an Odoo module to communicate with the Mandrill API to allow for hooks, etc., however in the meantime the main features of Mandrill are available through a SMTP and are sufficient to get started.

Outboun works fine, but the interesting question would be if mandrills inbound capabilities with routes and posting to an url could work, anyone knows something about?

Here I found a python wrapper. Is it useful to you? https://github.com/jpadilla/mandrill-inbound-python

Best Answer

Mandrill is now providing API for integration.
You can find the doc here.

Discard
Best Answer

This code is in a very early stage. It was authored by me. It's not even a module. I wrote it quicly to solve a problem of myself.

By now the problem it solves is to mark rejected and bounces as opt-outs in Odoo's mass mail database.

https://github.com/Danisan/mandrill_odoo

I would like to listen to you, telling what other integration would you like from Mandrill

Hope it helps.

Discard
Best Answer

'smtp.mandrillapp.com', 587

Just use this in email server configurations.

settings -> emails -> outgoing server.

Discard

I don't think it's a good answer. We know the Mandrill service supports SMTP, but the question asks for integration not for "how to use that?"