Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Only ~250 modules in Odoo 8

abin c ibrahim
on 12/9/14, 7:05 AM 479 views

Hello friends,

Why there is only ~250 modules in V8 while there is upto 3,000 modules in V7.

How i can get all the modules in V8 that are already available in V7?

E.R. Spada II
On 12/9/14, 8:02 PM

You need to migrate them yourself or pay the original developers. Anything that uses the stock (i.e. WMS) really does not work since that is toatally differerent now. As for most  you can follow the new api and use the new deorators and depending on the module, you can migrate the code without many changes. Anything with product.product, you need to make sure you use the correct model product.product or product.template. Other issue such as css mods need addional code to assign to the backend assets. If you look at the odoo addons you can see what modules are still using the @api.v7 so no difference. But they have changes a few fields also, so it is trial and error and the big 'W' yes, work. Any odoo developer inclusing the migation team will tell you that is can be done, but not simple as it may seem. I just did the migarion for a few of my own modules and communitiy ones and it took 3 months.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/9/14, 7:05 AM
Seen: 479 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM