Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
What are the versions present in:
- Online with subscription
- Online demo without subscription, just registration.
- Nightly build, also known as the download version
Are these all the same? What is their relationship?
If you subscribe to the online version, will it be frozen? No bug fixes or updates applied without the administrator's approval? This would make sense for stability's sake but it could make it hard for host's tech support to manage.
The following is the policy since the release of v7 (it was different before):
- The downloadable version is/will be an LTS (Long Term Support) exclusively. There will not be intermediary releases anymore for downloadable versions. This means that everybody using OpenERP on premise will be using an LTS: v7.0, v8.0, v9.0,...
- Nightlies of an LTS contains bugfixes only. No new features. Same as always. This means that a recent nightly is more stable than an old nightly. Updating nightlies is good; LTS nightlies are not development branches. However, trunk nightlies are.
- When a new feature is developed, it is pushed on the SaaS only. The version on the SaaS is the equivalent of an intermediary, eg. v7.1 which contains new features compared to v7.0. It is not frozen. If you subscribe, it will evolve as new features are developed, just like gmail.
- The SaaS 30-days-trial is the same version as if you pay for it.
- The next LTS will contain the majority of the features that the SaaS users will have experienced until the LTS release.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/27/13, 12:58 AM|
|Seen: 2114 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|