This question has been flagged
8 Replies

how to give one2many field to same model...for an example I have to create one 2 many in product.product it refers to same product.product it shows an integriyt error how to rectify this problem ???

Discard

Post the code, please

Best Answer

First you have to create many2one field of product.product and then you can create one2many field.

For example:

`partent_id`: fields.many2one('product.product', 'Parent Product', ondelete='cascade'),
`product_ids`: fields.one2many('product.product', 'parent_id', 'Products'),
Discard
Author

Thanks for your reply

but it still gives the integrity error

Integrity Error The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set [object with reference: name - name]

Best Answer

Hi,

I also  have created that one2many field  on same model . it works but their are no records are being displayed  in one2many field .

How to display value in one2many .

Discard

you got solution to this?

Best Answer

if you ask something like this:
model "product.product"
fields in the same model: product_parent_id, product_children_ids

when you try running the program this show some integrity error with the fields ids that should be into list product_children_ids,

you should solve with something like this, creating domain for this filed into the xml and some additional field into model like "type_product" if haven't anyone like this field to refer:

TYPE_MODE = [('product','product'),('subproduct','subproduct')]

model ("product.product")
type_product = fields.Selection(TYPE_MODE , 'Product Type', default='product', store=True)

xml (form_view for  "product.product")
<field name="product_children_ids" domain="[('type_product','=','subproduct')]">
                                <tree>
                                    <field name="code"/>
                                    <field name="descripcion"/>
                                    <field name="other_product_field_name"/>
                                </tree>
</field>

if this solve work for you, make me know.

Discard