Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

One user handling two company accounts?

By
Udari
on 4/7/14, 8:52 AM 1,557 views

In our company, we have many subsidiaries. The accountant of our company is supposed to handle all the companies accounting. Can he do all things from one user account? What can I do if it is not possible to handle many company's accounts from one user account?

Sean Samborski
On 4/7/14, 5:29 PM

Your user needs to have company PARENT. Then he will be able to handle everything for all other companies.

Under your company structure you need:

PARENT
--Sub Company A
--Sub Company B
--Sub Company C

Now on the user, you need to select Multi-Company under permissions and set their company to PARENT. Now it will work how you want and they will be able to see and handle all companies.

I tried but didn't work :(. If you can please post a helpful link

Udari
on 4/9/14, 2:48 AM

Did you set the allowed companies to all companies under permissions? What exactly is not working? When you are under the user's account, what is happening for you?

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 4/9/14, 3:53 AM

yes I have allowed all the companies. I have set the user's company as the parent company. When it comes to validate invoices, it generates an error. That error is "account and period must be belonging to same company"

Udari
on 4/9/14, 4:24 AM

You have your accounting setup incorrectly, not your user. Look at those sections under the accounting tab. If you can't, make sure to enable technical settings for your account under your own permissions and go back to accounting. Then, you can set you chart of accounts for each company. I think that's where you're going wrong, if not do some reading on the OpenERP accouting settings.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 4/9/14, 5:10 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/7/14, 8:52 AM
Seen: 1557 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM