Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Oncoming / outcoming mail configuration error (on a Debian VM)

By
NIcolas Plée
on 3/25/13, 11:09 AM 3,772 views

We set up a virtual machine on our debian server running openerp. It's working properly now but when I try to configure smtp / imap for mails I get the following error message in the web interface when I test and confirm it :

Le test de connexion a échoué! Voici ce que nous avons à la place : -2 Name or service not known

which gives the following log :

2013-03-25 13:29:03,013 16585 ERROR dataup openerp.addons.fetchmail.fetchmail: Failed to connect to imap server PLEE Nicolas.

Traceback (most recent call last):   File "/opt/openerp/addons/fetchmail/fetchmail.py", line 160, in button_confirm_login
    connection = server.connect()   File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 374, in function_proxy
    return attr(self._cr, self._uid, [self._id], *args, **kwargs)   File "/opt/openerp/addons/fetchmail/fetchmail.py", line 140, in connect
    connection = IMAP4_SSL(server.server, int(server.port))   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/imaplib.py", line 1138, in __init__
    IMAP4.__init__(self, host, port)   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/imaplib.py", line 163, in __init__
    self.open(host, port)   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/imaplib.py", line 1149, in open
    self.sock = socket.create_connection((host, port)) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 547, in create_connection
    for res in getaddrinfo(host, port, 0, SOCK_STREAM): gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known Traceback (most recent call last):   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 799, in emit
    stream.write(fs % msg.encode("UTF-8"))

The thing is I had the same email openerp7 configuration on my regular ubuntu server (meaning with no Xen VM).

Maxime Chambreuil
On 3/25/13, 9:51 PM

Do you have something in the log of your imap server ? Do you see the connection from OpenERP ?

I couldn't find it as it was a gmail imap server. Is there anywhere you can see it in gmail ?

NIcolas Plée
on 4/5/13, 2:19 PM

I actually resolved the problem by reinstalling a new VM and set up everything again... but it's a very frustrating method !

NIcolas Plée
on 4/5/13, 2:20 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/25/13, 11:09 AM
Seen: 3772 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM