This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In odoo.conf I had 

admin_db = admin

I new instance I have

admin_db = different password

When I try to restore database(sql.zip), it fails.

Any suggestions?

Discard

JA, please mark the answer as accepted if the solution works for you. Thanks.

Author Best Answer

Thanks BISS

I figured it out:

admin_passwd: is not equal master password.

Master Password needs to be changed in http://yourdomain/web/database/manager#action=database_manager

Go to password option on left menu. and change it.

Now you can create,backup, restore and dump databases.

Discard

Actually, you should check your Odoo configuration file again and you'll see your new master password you gave in the UI stored in the admin_passwd configuration parameter. Using the action you mentioned, makes Odoo store a the values of all configuration parameters back to the config file.

Best Answer

Hi, restoring the database on a new instance can be done either from the 'Manage Databases' (from the Odoo login page) or directly with the Postgres tools. The restore operation will require only the credentials of the destination Odoo instance (the admin_passwd value from the Odoo configuration file), if you use the Manage Databases method. For the latter one, you need run the restore commands as a database user (the db_user value from the Odoo configuration file). If you need further assistance, just let me know which method did you use for creating the backup. Anyway, you should try the restore with the unzipped file.

I hope this helps. Ioan

Discard