Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

On OpenERP 6 how can I enable checking for available stock when selling through POS????

By
Giorgos
on 3/24/13, 5:52 PM 1,663 views

When I sell a stockable product through sales it warns me if there is no available stock or if stock will go negative. When I use the POS to sell, it doesnt check for stock and as a result I get negative stock.

Thank you for the answer. Our company has 36768 products, what if the employee missmatched a product or read the reference code wrong and tried to sell through POS? There has to be a way to force checking stock when adding a product line... It is essential.

Giorgos
on 3/25/13, 2:18 AM

It makes business sense to warn the user at POS level that what he just typed leads to negative stock, as it may prevent from mistyping

nicolas
on 6/27/13, 1:25 AM

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 3/24/13, 7:56 PM

If you sold a product with the POS module, you delivered it to the customer! This means the product was available for that sale. Your inventory before the sale was probably erroneous! You the need to correct the negative stock, after a complete checking for that product in the wharehouse.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/24/13, 5:52 PM
Seen: 1663 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM