Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Offline scalability: Will offline POS on tablet work with huge set of items?

By
Moshe Flam
on 8/8/16, 2:07 AM 215 views

What happens when a store (say electronics or hardware) has 100,000 different items each with its image and so. How will the offline POS scale?  In other words: Will it work?  Will it have to download the whole thing each time? 

@Ermin_Trevisan I cannot comment on your answer because I need "karma". Sorry, this is counter productive.

Anyway, the bottom line here is not clear. Will it work or won't it. If it won't work out of the box, how will the POS Cache help?

The discussion about local storage makes things even more unclear. I don't care how the data is stored. I only see that each time I run the POS it starts off by "downloading" for several long seconds. My question is: Wnhat will happen when I have 100,000 items and more with images in my store. Will that load onto my 16GB cheap tablet?

Moshe Flam
on 8/8/16, 3:06 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 8/8/16, 2:23 AM

You might check this module: https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/master/pos_cache/       

In addition there are some generally useful discussions in the mailing lists, such as this one for example: https://www.odoo.com/groups/community-59/community-18823632

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/8/16, 2:07 AM
Seen: 215 times
Last updated: 10/6/16, 5:49 AM