This question has been flagged

How can I install web based addons without Internet connections (I'm using OpenERP over LAN)?

P.S.

• AFAIK current version (7.x) supports web interface while the desktop clients became deprecated.
  • BTW, I left OpenERP since ver. 6.x to use PostBooks instead but I recently decided to use OpenERP once again after recent new features.
Discard
Best Answer

Yes you could download the module from internet on another computer and unzip the file on the ERP server. Then you have to activate the module, see the tutorial on acespritechblog.wordpress.com (sorry I cannot post the full link)

Discard
Author

I find out how to activate the module; see: http://help.openerp.com/question/42974/how-to-install-a-module/?answer=42980#post-id-42980

Author

I unzipped the addon on the server /usr/share/pyshared/openerp/addons but I couldn't find it in modules to activate it!!!

Author

I tried another way. [1] Activated "Technical Features" for admin user [2] Settings->Technical->UserInterface->MenuItems [3] Edit "Settings/Modules" [4] Added submenu called "Import" with "Action: ir.actions.act_window" and "Module Import" [5] Saved the changes and refreshed the window (I can see a new submenu called "Import") [6] Settings->Modules->Import [7] Selected the downloaded zip file (attachment_size_limit-7.0.1.0.zip) then clicked "Import Module" [8] I got the following error message

Author

Can not create the module file: /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/attachment_size_limit.zip! BTW, /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons owned by openerp user and group! I tried to restart OpenERP server sudo service openerp restart but I got same error message on import module!!!

Just for testing purpose could you add full rights on addons folder? chmod 777

Author

@Youri I did it... but it didn't affect.