Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Office 365 Mail Config

By
Brandon Gay
on 6/24/15, 6:35 PM 1,625 views

I am trying to get office 365 working with Odoo.  I set it up under general settings, the test passes. 

When I try to use it to send a welcome email to a new user, I get this:

Mail Delivery Failed

Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'smtp.office365.com'.

SMTPDataError: 550

5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

Any Ideas on what could be causing this?

Michael van de Ven
On 10/26/15, 1:25 PM

Setup Office 365 SMTP outlook.office365.com 995 SSL/TLS fails -> Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

1. In Odoo setup a SMTP server using your mail exchange (MX) endpoint record with port 25 no security

2. In Office 365 configure a connector so Odoo can send email to Office 365. Office 365 can then relay email to your organization mailboxes and to external recipients. Office 365 > admin > exchange > mail flow > connectors: configure a connector for your Odoo ("email") server with the internet connecting IP address (CIP: [IP address] from the internetheader the email). In my testcase the IP address of the router connecting to the internet.

Kris Krnacs
On 11/4/15, 4:38 PM

Hi!

So my fix is change code in /opt/odoo/odoo-server/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py

You need to change "smtp_from" to "smtp_user" and also replace

after this:

If "mail.catchall.alias" is not set it defaults to "postmaster-odoo".

this:

default='postmaster',

#Because you have "postmaster", but you don't have "postmaster-odoo" on your own provider.

Hope it helps!

Kris

Frank Lee
On 9/29/15, 3:03 PM

same issue,

any update

Gerry
On 7/2/15, 9:07 PM

Having the same issue! Here is my Log info:

----------

2015-07-03 00:31:50,211 1155 ERROR R2-0231v3 openerp.addons.base.ir.ir_mail_server: Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'smtp.office365.com'.

SMTPDataError: 550

5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

2015-07-03 00:31:50,211 1155 ERROR R2-0231v3 openerp.addons.mail.mail_mail: failed sending mail.mail 1549

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/odoo/odoo-server/addons/mail/mail_mail.py", line 304, in send

context=context)

File "/opt/odoo/odoo-server/openerp/api.py", line 237, in wrapper

return old_api(self, *args, **kwargs)

File "/opt/odoo/odoo-server/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py", line 474, in send_email

raise MailDeliveryException(_("Mail Delivery Failed"), msg)

MailDeliveryException: (u'Mail Delivery Failed', u"Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'smtp.office365.com'.\nSMTPDataError: 550\n5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender")

--------------

Any update on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Gerry.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/24/15, 6:35 PM
Seen: 1625 times
Last updated: 11/6/15, 5:10 PM