This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi, we had start our current learning curve with OERP, we setup OERP 6.0.4, but we need to know how to align our data, we want to import our customer to OERP tables, exist a modulo or a guide to make this easy, cvs will be good.

Any tip about will be appreciated.

Discard
Best Answer

From my experience,

If you are making initial import and your data is big,

• Kettle (Pentaho/ETL) runs very slow (4-5 items/sec), if you try to do a an import of 10k items it would take hours. It is better for daily import jobs.

• There is a module named ea_import it is user friendly and much faster than ETL bu have some bugs with importing one2many fields. I overcome this problem by adding some fields and did some import.

• CSV import enhanced very much during 6.1. For initial data import I recommend you to use csv import. It is the fastest method I tried. They made even many enhancements to the csv import functions in V7.0. However I did not used V6.
Discard
Author

I search for that module, but doesn't appear for v6.0.

Best Answer

IMHO, the best way to import data into OpenERP is with Python scripts and web-services. If you have some programming background you will be able to do that. Otherwise, there are ETL tools like Pentaho that have connectors for loading data into OpenERP. You can also upload data with the import methods available in OpenERP

Discard
Author Best Answer

I think u meant: Pentaho Data Integration?

Discard