Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

oERP 8 news and 7 to 8 migration? [Closed]

on 1/12/14, 2:46 PM 4,196 views

The Question has been closed for reason: duplicate question

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 01/12/2014 17:03:03

Please, how can I find news implemented in openerp 8 ?

When I make some modules for v7 - can I port this into v8 easy, after release?

many thanks, Petr

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 1/12/14, 5:01 PM

OpenERP 8 has not been released. It will be released on Q2 2014. Among others, one capability that it will introduce is CMS/eCommerce: https://www.openerp.com/teaser?v=all

Porting your custom v7 modules to v8 will be as complex as their relationship with other modules and models in OpenERP. If your custom module is very independent from other modules and models, it will be easy. If it is using other modules and models and that those face a lot of changes from v7 to v8 (ie. changes in the datamodel), it will be more complicated.

Regarding upgrading your entire OpenERP v7 instance to v8, this has been covered many times in this help site. See here.

I close because this is mostly duplicated questions that have been already answered.

Richard Mathot (rim)

--Richard Mathot (rim)--
| 1 0 1
Grand-Rosière-Hottomont, Belgium
--Richard Mathot (rim)--

Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Developer at Odoo since 2013. I worked on the survey module and on the integration of shipping providers. Since July 2016 I'm responsible for the upgrade of our SaaS clients to the most recent version of Odoo. I also make coffee that is too strong for my colleagues.

Richard Mathot (rim)
On 1/12/14, 4:56 PM

OpenERP's v8 is currently in development, so that it is impossible to list all the changes that may/will happen during development. If you are interested in the new version of OpenERP, check the "trunk" branches on our Launchpad

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 1/12/14, 2:46 PM
Seen: 4196 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM