could somebody please tell how to change the default search functionality to use AND instead of OR when doing a search. For example, if I have some products like this:
t-shirt - red - L
t-shirt - red - XL
t-shirt - black - L
t-shirt - black -XXL
skirt - black - S
and I would like to search for black t-shirts. I would like to enter search terms like: t-shirt, black. With the default behavior, OE7 returns all t-shirts and products with string black in their name.
To achieve this:
- Click the search bar drop down arrow
- Set up a condition on any suitable field.
- For your example, you can achieve the desired result by setting up 2 separate filters, the first has a condition on the field
Nameand its value is t-shirt, the other one has the value black
- This way you can achieve the AND behavior.
Note: To achieve the OR behavior using this same method, all you have to do is create a filter with several conditions.
To sum it up:
- Multiple filters with one condition each = AND
- One filter with several conditions = OR
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 3/27/13, 3:06 PM|
|Seen: 1919 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|