Odoo Help

OE7 - product search functionality change from OR to AND

By
Juha Antila
on 3/27/13, 3:06 PM 2,397 views

Hi,

could somebody please tell how to change the default search functionality to use AND instead of OR when doing a search. For example, if I have some products like this:

t-shirt - red - L

t-shirt - red - XL

t-shirt - black - L

t-shirt - black -XXL

skirt - black - S

and I would like to search for black t-shirts. I would like to enter search terms like: t-shirt, black. With the default behavior, OE7 returns all t-shirts and products with string black in their name.

BR Juha

odoo.ma by IBS Group
On 3/27/13, 6:01 PM

To achieve this:

• Click the search bar drop down arrow
  • Click Advanced Search
  • Set up a condition on any suitable field.
  • Hit Apply.
  • For your example, you can achieve the desired result by setting up 2 separate filters, the first has a condition on the field Name and its value is t-shirt, the other one has the value black
  • This way you can achieve the AND behavior.

Note: To achieve the OR behavior using this same method, all you have to do is create a filter with several conditions.

To sum it up:

• Multiple filters with one condition each = AND
  • One filter with several conditions = OR

Hi, thank you for your answer. However this is not what I want to achieve. Using advanced filters is way too slow. My goal is to change the default behaviour to AND because that is the filtering type we need the most. I would also like to do the same when adding products to the sale or purchase order. Because variants are so poorly supported, this would help the variant selection a lot. BR Juha

Small Steps Oy, Juha Antila
on 3/29/13, 3:47 AM

Did anyone found another way to archieve? I am crawling the orm.py and expressions.py already to find a way but I am not successful so far.

Andreas Maertens
on 8/29/13, 11:05 AM
Juha Antila
On 6/24/14, 11:22 AM

Hi, there is kind of a way to achieve this functionality by using "%"-sign in searches. It is not perfect in any means but works somehow.

br juha

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/27/13, 3:06 PM
Seen: 2397 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM