Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OdooV8 missing fields (internal Reference, EAN Code) in product.product.form

on 10/7/14, 1:25 PM 1,932 views

In the prerelease versions of odoo v8 there were the fields internal Reference and EAN Code available in the product form. Now they aren't.

I tried to add them via manage views in developermodus but no luck. Got the pop up error "Can't edit view".

How can I get them back.

Josse Colpaert (jco)
On 10/7/14, 5:15 PM

This has been solved in v8 now.  

I updated to the latest available version via apt-get. Version 8.0-ab7b5d7. What should have been resolved? The missing fields or the Cant edit view?

on 10/8/14, 5:52 AM

Again updated to Version 8.0-9f21422. Still no luck.

on 10/8/14, 6:49 AM

It has only been done Monday, so I don't know if it will be in the apt-get and maybe you need to update the modules, otherwise it won't change the views. (you can update product module manually from the interface).

Josse Colpaert (jco)
on 10/8/14, 7:52 AM

Thank you. After manually upgrading the products & price lists module the fields appeared again. But the .deb was from today.

on 10/8/14, 1:04 PM
On 3/22/15, 2:41 PM

Hi Roberto.

I cannot comment because my karma is to low. Where exactly do you have the problem. With Products or Product Variant. My original problem was solved long ago. My guess is you have a Product(Template) with Variants. In this case you can not specify ean and internal reference in the Product. You have to do that in the Variants.

On 10/7/14, 2:54 PM

Maybe you didn't active "technical features" in your administor user...

Yes Technical Features are activated

on 10/8/14, 6:49 AM
Roberto Pineda
On 3/21/15, 5:22 PM

I have the same problem for some of my products, after create trying to edit internal reference and ean fields are not visible v8.0.5

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 10/7/14, 1:25 PM
Seen: 1932 times
Last updated: 3/22/15, 2:42 PM