Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo9: No way to answer emails from inbox

By
Dominic Krimmer
on 6/13/16, 11:26 AM 268 views

Hello, 

Although this questions already was mentioned in this forum a few month ago, I would like to raise it again as there was no answer given:

Odoo9: I configured Email Messaging and it works all fine. I can receive and send mails without further issues. Now, when I receive a mail from somebody (doesn't matter if it is already a contact or not) there is no REPLY Button in the Inbox in order to answer the mail. In Odoo8 that was easily posible. So why isn't it in Odoo9?

What I know so far is that if the conversation is attached to an document or a movement in Odoo, I can answer the message. Newly messages from outside can't be answered. 

Any ideas why it is like that? Is there a way to answer mails? Did I miss a new concept?

Thanks for helping

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 9/15/16, 10:07 PM

Emails related to a specific document (like an Opportunity, or an Order) can be replied to.  

Hover over the email to see the buttons:

Where there is no specific document, clicking on the email address open your regular mail client, and clicking on the Company Name takes you to the Partner record where you can email them.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/13/16, 11:26 AM
Seen: 268 times
Last updated: 9/15/16, 10:07 PM