Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo9 Enterprise - frontend - Missing dependencies and Failed modules

Marino Buccolini
on 6/24/16, 7:43 AM 458 views

We hit the following issue: Odoo is not able to load the website correctly.

No errors or warning on the Odoo server log file.

Thanks to the inside internet browser debugger tool, we saw the following messages from the console:

error: Some modules could not be started

Missing dependencies: 
["web.session", "website.website"]

Failed modules:

Non loaded modules:
["web.Widget", "web.Model", "web.Dialog", "web.UserMenu", "web.AppSwitcher", "web.planner.common", "rating.rating", "website_crm.tour", "website_form_editor.tour", "web_editor.editor", "web_editor.rte", "web_editor.rte.summernote", "web_editor.widget", "web_editor.snippet.editor", "web_editor.snippets.options", "web_editor.tour", "web_editor.transcoder", "web_editor.translate", "website.editor", "website.mobile", "website.seo", "website.tour", "website.ace", "website.translator", "website.theme", "web.planner.website", "website.contentMenu", "website.snippets.editor", "website.rte.summernote", "website.snippets.editor.gallery", "website_snippet_product.editor", "website_sale.editor", "website_sale.tour_shop", "website_form_editor", "website_version.menu", "website_version.edit", "website_mass_mailing.editor"]

As anyone came across this situation before?

@Ermin Trevisan

Thanks for your quick reply.

We have this sequence in place (that looks correct):

addons_path = /opt/odoo/enterprise,/opt/odoo/odoo/addons,/opt/odoo/extra-addons,...

Infact the issue suddenly appear into the website and in order to temporally fix the problem we'll need to trigger a "registry" modules update via install(any) and then uninstall a module into the system.

Without this manual process the website remain in a broken state (not loaded correctly).

Zeraxis Limited, Marino Buccolini
on 6/24/16, 8:09 AM

In that case I'm afraid that I can not be of further help, as I do not have access to an enterprise version.

Ermin Trevisan
on 6/24/16, 10:20 AM

Thanks anyway for your time to look into it!

Zeraxis Limited, Marino Buccolini
on 6/27/16, 5:57 AM
Steven Segers
On 7/25/16, 5:18 AM

I ran into this issue as well. I was running on version odoo-9.0e-20160605. I do not know what caused the issue, but after upgrading to odoo-9.0e-20160725, the issue was gone.

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 6/24/16, 7:49 AM

It looks like you did not install the enterprise modules properly. Please check also the sequence of your addons path configuration in the odoo-server.conf file. The enterprise addons path must be before any other custom addons path.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/24/16, 7:43 AM
Seen: 458 times
Last updated: 7/25/16, 5:18 AM