Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[Odoo8] Why aren't my custom header/footer template changes applying to the quote/sale reports?

By
David Dean
on 10/4/14, 12:47 PM 2,410 views

I've modified the header and footer in Settings -> Companies -> My Company -> Report Configuration

When I click Preview Header/Footer the PDF file shows my expected modifications.

However when I create a quote or sale report it still has the old (Odoo default) header and footer.

I've check the sale reports templates but as far as I can tell they should be inheriting the header and footer from the company configuration. There are no errors in the Odoo logfile.

What am I doing wrong? Why aren't my custom header/footer template changes applying to the quote/sale PDF reports?

Does anybody know why these template changes aren't applying? I'm sure it's something really obvious that I've missed.

David Dean
on 10/6/14, 9:44 AM
David Dean
On 10/6/14, 10:16 AM

Ok, solved my own problem. The issue is that Quote/Sale orders do not use the Company-level report header/footer configuration.

To edit the header and footer for Quote/Sale orders you need to edit the QWeb view. Here is how to do this:

1. Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views
  2. Search for "external"
  3. You will see report.external_layout, report.external_layout_header and report.external_layout_footer
  4. Edit these views as appropriate to modify the PDF version of the Quote/Sales orders

Maybe this is obvious to others, but I couldn't find any documentation explaining how this works.

Thanks for this, took me forever to find how this is done. Just couldn't find anything on the subject. Any Idea how to add banking details in the footer? If I just copy/paste and edit one line (ex

• •
  • ) What would the t-field for company banking details be? Thanks.
    om
    on 10/27/14, 10:33 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/4/14, 12:47 PM
    Seen: 2410 times
    Last updated: 4/23/15, 11:49 AM