Odoo Help

Odoo8 trigger compute methods

By
Emanuel Cino
on 8/4/15, 5:42 AM 1,036 views

I have a computed field that depends on a relation. Somewhere in my code I update this relation by accessing directly the database (self.env.cr.execute). My question is how can I force the recomputation afterwards ?

In v7 I used the _store_set_values function which worked like a charm. But now this method seems broken. Any other way of doing this in v8 ?

You can use the on_change function which will call automatically the function you need at the moment you click on a specific field. I can give you an example if you need.

Drees Far
on 8/4/15, 5:59 AM

I'm afraid the on_change function is not called after a database query. My question is not related to views and clicks.

Emanuel Cino
on 8/4/15, 6:05 AM
Emanuel Cino
On 8/4/15, 7:20 AM

The solution is trivial : just call the compute method of the fields needed to be refreshed. Sorry for this one.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/4/15, 5:42 AM
Seen: 1036 times
Last updated: 8/4/15, 7:20 AM