Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

odoo8: message_post() does not send E-Mail to followers for crm.lead?!?

By
Michael Karrer
on 12/2/14, 2:07 PM 2,354 views

What i do:

• Create a New Lead AND assign a Sales Team
  • Because of the Sales Team there are three Followers for the newly created lead
  • Post a message with message_post()

I would expect that all followers of the new lead will receive an e-mail BUT THEY DONT?!?

The normal E-Mail (the one for the lead creation is send cie E-Mail but messge_post() does not send E-Mails?!? What do i need to do to send E-Mails also when posting a message in code?!?

Here is how i call the message_post: 

leadrecord.message_post(body=recordtext, subject=values['name'], type='email', subtype='mt_lead_create', content_subtype='plaintext')

Also tried with:

leadrecord.message_post(body=recordtext, subject=values['name'], type='notification',  content_subtype='plaintext')

Message is posted BUT no E-Mails are send :( 

I'm trying to do the same. Did you manage to send an email!

Pascal Tremblay
on 11/7/15, 1:38 PM
IT Libertas
On 3/28/16, 5:27 AM

Try use 'mt_comment' in subtype (since your followers may not be subscribed to 'Lead Created', but most probably are assigned to "Discussion"): 

leadrecord.message_post(body=recordtext, subject=values['name'],  subtype='mt_comment')

Besides, check that your followers' preferences do not contain "Receive Messages" - "Never"

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/2/14, 2:07 PM
Seen: 2354 times
Last updated: 3/28/16, 5:27 AM