This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I'd need, by default on chatter, render "followers input check" unchecked.

Probably I've to override this function found on chatter.js

message_get_suggested_recipients: function () {
        var self = this;
        var email_addresses = _.pluck(this.suggested_partners, 'email_address');
        return this.thread_dataset
            .call('message_get_suggested_recipients', [[this.context.default_res_id], this.context])
            .done(function (suggested_recipients) {
                var thread_recipients = suggested_recipients[self.context.default_res_id];
                _.each(thread_recipients, function (recipient) {
                    var parsed_email = utils.parse_email(recipient[1]);
                    if (_.indexOf(email_addresses, parsed_email[1]) === -1) {
                        self.suggested_partners.push({
                            checked: true,
                            partner_id: recipient[0],
                            full_name: recipient[1],
                            name: parsed_email[0],
                            email_address: parsed_email[1],
                            reason: recipient[2],
                        });
                    }
                });
            });
    },

How can I do it?

Discard

I would also love to know how to do this, but would love it even more if someone could write a simple module that performed this function and put in in the app store. I would pay for it and I'm sure many others would as well as it is an issue with Odoo that has come up many times online. In my view it's crazy that Odoo SA doesn't make this an option out-of-the-box as puts businesses at a terrible risk that internal communications not intended for customers get's sent to the customer anyway.

Best Answer

Totally agree with that, really impressive that such simple feature is missing in Odoo.

The way I solved it here was setting the default values for "Following", where you choose the message types, then the followers won't be notified. You can do it by activating the developer mode  then go to menu Technical-> e-mail Subtypes. There you can choose default or not for each message type, just remove the default for all if you don't wanna get any notification by default.

Discard