Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Odoo 8.0 has a newly rewritten WMS, but after a review it appears to lack some basic warehouse management features.
1. Odoo appears to have no capability to conduct/manage a cycle count. It has no such model for ABC classification. In many companies with 99% accurate inventory, a yearly physical inventory is not required because they have the ability to cycle throughout the year. The physical inventory feature, is not a cycle count function. A cycle count operation involves count plans, classification such as velocity, value, etc. Compare stock values, recount if variance, etc.
2. Odoo incorrectly changed the physical inventory feature to be called "Inventory Adjustment". An adjustment is when you increment or decrement stock. Example: I have 5 units and I want to add 5 units to = 10. In the adjustment form I could type 5 and it should add, NOT replace the value of the stock. An inventory adjustment and a physical inventory are two completely differerent concepts, and should exist as different functions.
3. Odoo appears to be lacking in bin level inventory management, but there is built in functionality that in a way could support bin management. It could be improved to be more accomadating for companies that manage forward picks, reserve,etc
Most importantly, stock view by location. On the product form, still, it only shows the total available quantity combined in all warehouses. For many, knowing the total quantity is not useful. They need to know WHERE it is. There is no sublist or one2many view that shows on the product form view the quantity of product by location, or bin level inventory locations. This is one of the most important basic features that does not exist. Clicking on stock moves, isn't sufficient. When a user visits the product form, they should be able to see all of the information about a product without having to click away from the view to yet another page. This also includes stock move history, sales history, etc. Lots of companies evaluating Odoo do not understand why they can't see the stock value in locations from the product form.
The features I described above come standard in competing ERP software. My goal is not to say Odoo is bad software, but to get a realization that this software is not up to par with what other software offers, and to make an attempt for there to be focus on these features.
Sounds like a troll...
Anyway, as far as I am concerned and for having played a bit with the new WMS, I have to say that I am really impressed by it. Of course, in advanced use of WMS, you need to go through a bit of development/customization but the basis is here and is very flexible and scalable. Perhaps other software do this or that better out-of-the-box, but remember that the new WMS is only a few months old.
To give my point of view on your items:
1. It is perfectly possible to do only partial inventory count and cycle among products. There is also a view to know for each product the date of the last inventory count. Just order by date and you know the next one to do.
2. Perhaps we don't need to argue for labels. Just change them through the translation system if you do not like them.
3. This is not correct. Bin level inventory is managed through stock location hierarchy + putaway and removal strategies
4. You can access stock inventory by location by clicking on the inventory button on the top right of a product form. You argue on the fact that it opens a new window and does not show on the same form : this is your personal point of view. Remember that all Odoo views are customizable, so you can get the behaviour you want this way.
As it seems, you guys have good knowledge in Inventory Management process and quite well wersed with odoo.
Can you kindly guide me in understanding new WMS effectively
Points like :
1) Routes Management
2) Push and Pull flow
3) How to achieve bin management
4) Putaway strategies
5) Removal Strategies
Hope to hear from you soon.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 11/14/14, 10:25 AM|
|Seen: 2425 times|
|Last updated: 2/27/17, 1:39 AM|