Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo Version 8 - Product Category Missing

Valen Light
on 4/13/15, 2:49 PM 813 views

Hi All,

I am sure this is going to be a big palm slap to the forehead, but can someone please put me out of my misery. When creating a new product in version 8, I cannot see the Product Category field. I have admin permissions and everything is the same as the settings from version 7. The field is categ_id.

Thanks heaps,

Mohamed Essakali
On 4/13/15, 7:35 PM

You can find it in accounting tab with name "Internal Category".

Valen Light
On 4/13/15, 9:39 PM

Hi Mohamed,

thank you so much. I knew it was going to be a "duh" answer. It was on the main section with the previous releases. I think my eyes slid right over the field on the accounting tab.

Thanks once again!

All the best,

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/13/15, 2:49 PM
Seen: 813 times
Last updated: 4/13/15, 9:39 PM