Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo v9 project: How to send customer satisfaction rating email?

By
Thomas
on 8/18/16, 8:38 AM 246 views

Hi!

I see that there is an option to request a customer satisfaction rating for projects. I followed this procedure to set it up (only the project part, not the website part): http://odoo-users.readthedocs.io/en/latest/project/advanced/feedback.html

Now my question is: How do I send the template-based rating e-mail?

Best wishes and thanks in advance for any answers!

Thomas
On 8/22/16, 11:41 AM

Hi Yenthe!

So after playing around with this a little bit I figured out what the bottleneck is:

The provided solution in Odoo v9 ONLY works if a Customer for a task is set or a Contact for an issue is set. And the customer can only use the reply buttons in the mail if he/she has a login to Odoo. That is a problem for me as our customers do not have an account with our Odoo system.

I guess the problem is with the href links bound to the buttons in the mail, for example <a href="/rating/${object.access_token}/10"></a>. This link takes the user to OurOdooDomain/rating/xyz. If the user is not registered and logged in to our OurOdooDomain an "Error 500: Bad request" exception is thrown. Any ideas on how this could be circumvented? Probably not with this type of link, he? Guess I will have to change the call to action on that button.

If anyone has any ides, I would love to know! Best wishes

Yenthe

--Yenthe--
| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe--

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

Yenthe
On 8/19/16, 10:26 AM

Hi Thomas,

You first have to active this setting under Projects > Configuration > Settings. Activate the option "Allow activating customer rating on projects, at issue completion" and save it.
After activating this feature you can go to the settings of a project and you'll see a new checkbox named "Customer satisfaction". If you tick this on the rating e-mails will be sent the moment you set a task to the completed state. 

Regards,
Yenthe

Hi Yenthe! I already did all of that and I have a stage Done with "Is a close stage" marked and the default "Rating project request" template selected as "Rating E-Mail template". However, if I move a task or issue there no e-mail is being sent. So, the question remains. How do I actually send the mail? Do I understand it right that the mail should be sent automatically when a card is moved to the respective rating stage?

Thomas
on 8/19/16, 11:05 AM

@Thomas, that is correct. It should send out the e-mail automatically when moving it to the respective rating stage. Do you have an outgoing e-mailserver and is it active / working? If the answers are yes I'd suggest you to update your Odoo instance to the latest code. If that still doesn't fix it it is time to start debugging.

Yenthe
on 8/22/16, 1:48 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/18/16, 8:38 AM
Seen: 246 times
Last updated: 8/22/16, 11:41 AM