Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

odoo v9 mass mailing and template

By
Jean-Baptiste Crouigneau
on 12/7/15, 10:22 AM 638 views

Hello,

I’m evaluating the new version of odoo before considering a migration (from v8).

We use a lot the mass mailing feature.

In the new version, I can’t select my custom themes when creating a new mailing.

I also saw a « Mass mailing themes » option in configuration, for Enterprise edition only.

Does it mean that we can’t use custom themes in mass mailing anymore (with community edition) ?

Notice : we use templates to use with partners (contacts) not mailing lists.

Best regards.

You are right, it is for enterprise edition only. But can you explain me, how you could use themes for mass mailing in version 8.0?

Ermin Trevisan
on 12/16/15, 5:24 AM

Hello Jean Baptiste

Unfortunately i also noticed that in V9 Community there is no possibility to choose a theme for mass mailing, and they cannot even access the html code of a mass mailing template. Compared to V8 this is a regression

Hello, 

In version 8.0 :

1- I create a template (applied to partners)

2- Marketing -> Create Mass Mailing

3- Recipient = Customer

4- I click Design email : I see and can select my custom templates

I can't do the same in version 9.0

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/7/15, 10:22 AM
Seen: 638 times
Last updated: 5/31/16, 1:19 PM