This question has been flagged

Odoo's compatibility with Internet Explorer seems very limited. Whenever I create a website with the Website Builder it's working without any issues in any browser other than Internet Explorer. When I open the webpage in Internet Explorer I get the following error: 

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)

Timestamp: Tue, 26 May 2015 06:16:55 UTC

Line: 3

Char: 41

Code: 0

URI: https://www.mywebsite.com/web/js/website.assets_frontend/3d51097

Only IE11 is able to display the website correctly. Is there any support for the lower versions?

Discard

Hi Brian, Internet Explorer is barely supported in Odoo and thats basically because Internet Explorer itself barely supports anything. You should really use FireFox/Google Chrome / .. in place of IE. I don't think this will change any time soon.

Author

I agree with you that Internet Explorer is utterly useless but since it's the default browser we can't ignore this issue. Most of our customers visiting the website will be using Internet Explorer and since the website is working on some of the systems I tested I think it's not really hard to adjust this problem.

Author

This seems to be al version related. The website is working in IE11. Is there anyway to make it work on lower versions of IE?

The only way for you to get it working would be by finding out what IE isn't supporting, you'd then have to remove that and re-build it with something else most likely. All of this would be very time consuming and annoying to do..