Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo v8 Saas 6

Tommaso Mignolli
on 9/20/14, 2:44 AM 1,179 views

Odoo 8 is realeased for new user.

When old user will be migrated to the new version? I'm still on the saas-3.

Hello, full update is done, my user portal is also updated on v8 but my instance is still on the saas3. Should I wait some more time? thanks

Ernest Alison
on 9/25/14, 6:08 PM

You can contact support directly, but they are in the process of upgrading all their clients. Your choice to wait or contact support.

Stephen Mack
on 9/25/14, 6:11 PM

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 9/20/14, 8:33 AM

On the 27th of October, Odoo announced that they are upgrading users at a rate of about 118 customers per month to v8.  My advice remains; if you don't want to wait, contact Odoo's technical support and ask to be prioritized.

thanks for your reply

Tommaso Mignolli
on 9/20/14, 12:22 PM

I've contacted Odoo's techincal support on 1st October and their reply was: "The migration scripts from your release to Odoo 8 are not enough stable yet. We will migrate your database to Odoo 8.0 as soon as we consider them stable." I hope they have resolved all the issues now.

Tommaso Mignolli
on 11/19/14, 8:34 AM

Good to know, thanks.

Stephen Mack
on 11/19/14, 9:54 AM
Tommaso Mignolli
On 11/18/14, 8:32 AM

Almost two months and no upgrade. Is there any expected date for the upgrade? The one in the V8 relase post was September...

Odoo posted that they are upgrading about 118 customers per month. https://twitter.com/Odoo/status/526748253313069056

Stephen Mack
on 11/18/14, 1:25 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 9/20/14, 2:44 AM
Seen: 1179 times
Last updated: 3/18/15, 7:06 AM