Odoo Help

Odoo v8: Relationship between product.product and product.template tables

By
Elisa Pagliuca
on 7/11/16, 10:14 AM 894 views

Hi All, 

Could someone explain me which is the relationship between the tables product_product and product_template? 

Is possible to have records in product_template tables that has no reference in product_product?

If a product has only 1 variant, and I remove the flag active from the variant , should the product be deactivetd too or it could remain with none active variant ?

Axel Mendoza
On 7/11/16, 11:43 AM

The product.template is used as a base for product variants that are product.product and for a product.template record you will get at least 1 product.product variant that it's actually what you use to store, sell, buy... product.product records

Elisa Pagliuca
On 7/11/16, 11:08 AM

Hi,  

So, products with no variants are not allowed by Odoo? 

What happens when I deactivate a variant?

Kind regards

Elisa

le_dilem
On 7/11/16, 10:45 AM

Hi

In the table you product_product key product_tmpl_id 'many2one' product_template The fact of creating a recording that automatically creates product_template in product_product

if you have several alternatives you're not going to have fun a modified field by one.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/11/16, 10:14 AM
Seen: 894 times
Last updated: 7/11/16, 11:44 AM