Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I have Odoo V8 implemented with POS.
My employees are extremely untrustworthy and I found several occasions in which they avoided finalizing a sale by pressing F5 to refresh the POS page, having already received the payment from the customer who did not ask for a receipt. That way there is no record of the sale and the employee simply pockets the cash.
How can I:
1) Block the user from refreshing the page using F5?
2) Keep items after refreshing the page and requiring a supervisor password to remove items from a sale?
3) Kep a log of all user input in a POS session which can be checked later for items that were scanned, but not paid for.
W.r.t your query I have gone through your query and tried to replicate it. I have understood your problem and below are few recommendations which I would like to suggest you which caters your need:-
Firstly, the issue in which you have found, that in several occasions your employees have avoided finalizing a sale by pressing F5 to refresh the POS page. This problem can be solved by just upgrading your Odoo Verison 8 to Verion 9. This is because Odoo version 9 has inbuilt feature to handle this. The Order lines does not gets lost even if we press F5. It restores the order lines which were present previously.
Regarding you questions the solutions to them are as follows:-
1) For your query 1, the user cannot be blocked from refreshing the page using F5 because its a function of the browser which allows the user to refresh the page. As its not a Odoo function hence the user cannot be restricted from doing so.
2) For your query 2, for the 1st part of your query “Keeping items after refreshing the page” is possible just by upgrading your Odoo version 8 to version 9.
But for the 2nd part of your query “requiring a supervisor password to remove items from a sale”, you would require customization or separate module developed for it as its not possible have those functions by default.
3) For your query 3, “Keeping a log of all user input in a POS session which can be checked later for items that were scanned, but not paid for”,you would require customization or separate module developed for it as its not possible have those functions by default.
We are one of the leading provider of Odoo customized modules, hence in case you require any customization feel free to get in touch with us anytime. We will be glad to help you. To get in touch with us you can simply follow the link below and raise a ticket as per your requirement.
Hope this helps.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 1/22/16, 11:41 AM|
|Seen: 701 times|
|Last updated: 1/27/16, 9:29 AM|