This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello all,
Is it possible to use standard Odoo INVENTORY app for one step inventory moves between warehouse and other company locations? An idea is to use Odoo for the tracking of IT inventory.

What I would like to do:

1. Put ant IT inventory (laptops, cellphones, etc.) to the warehouse. Each item would have it's own serial no. or SKU. (Managed to do that.)
2. Transfer an item from the warehouse to the employee or to the area within company in one step. Receiver has to approve move by entering his odoo login and password. (Couldn't find how to do this.)
3. Employee should be able to transfer equipment to other employee or the warehouse, but transfer has to be approved by receiver. (Didn't get this far because stuck at step 2.)

Also I couldn't find the way how to simplify Inventory Transfer logic from 'Draft > Waiting > Ready > Done' to 'Draft > Done'. Maybe I am using wrong Odoo App for things I want to achieve?

Discard

For moving from draft to done, you need to call odoo function for picking done- picking.button_validate(). Before calling that method you need to fill done_qty for stock moves.

Author Best Answer

Could you be more specific, please? Are these 'done_qty', 'picking.button_validate()' set in Configuration > Inventory Rules, Routes, Operation types or need to be coded in the inventory transfer module?

Discard