Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo usage kills my website

A. Person
on 9/24/16, 6:55 PM 173 views

I'm running Odoo 8 behind an nginx reverse proxy.  My non-Odoo website has been suffering from terrible slowdowns for a long time and I finally traced the problem to Odoo.  Whenever someone is using Odoo, my server's TCP Queuing stats spike on the Munin graph and my non-Odoo website on nginx on the same machine slows *way* down and frequently times out.  I don't see anything revealing in the logs.  Does anyone know what could be causing this or where to look to get more info?  It absolutely only happens when there are one or more users on Odoo.

On 10/1/16, 1:37 AM

Un install all im_module name, default odooo support module install that create unwanted huge unwated connection, even "odoo support is dead, never really support to community", also remove other chat related module which generate long polling, very bad architecture of odoo. 

Than restart and check, we same issue resolve for clients.

Note: Odoo does not stand for website or eCommerce platform as other wordpress or prestashop, etc

"Elephnet is behind Odoo" 

Thank you Zahin. Is the problem fixed in 9.0?

A. Person
on 10/1/16, 7:12 AM
A. Person
On 9/30/16, 9:08 PM

This seems to have been caused by not using keepalive on the connection between nginx and Odoo.  I don't know why nginx enables keepalive on the client by default but not the upstream server.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/24/16, 6:55 PM
Seen: 173 times
Last updated: 10/1/16, 1:37 AM