This question has been flagged
2 Replies

How can you update the modules that you add as submodules in odoo.sh ?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Wizardz,

You can't do this on Odoo.sh as far as I'm aware (atleast not at the moment).

You should update the submodule from the command line and commit this to Github. The moment your commit is made to Github it will be automatically detected by Odoo.sh. Odoo.sh will then pick up the commit and load it on your database. You can update the submodule by the command with a git submodule update:

git submodule update --remote

Then commit the update so it gets updated on Github. For example:

git add -A && git commit -m "[UPD] submodule: update submodule to latest remote rev"

Odoo.sh will handle the rest out of the box for you.

Regards,

Yenthe

Discard
Author

the problem is, that everytime I try to update the submodules, I get this:

Cloning into 'C:/devtest/OCA/l10n-switzerland'...

Permission denied (publickey).

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

fatal: clone of 'git@github.com:OCA/l10n-switzerland.git' into submodule path 'C:/devtest/OCA/l10n-switzerland' failed

Failed to clone 'OCA/l10n-switzerland'. Retry scheduled

Cloning into 'C:/devtest/OCA/l10n-switzerland'...

Permission denied (publickey).

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

I have set the publickey and everything...

That means you haven't properly configured your (private) submodules for Odoo.sh. Have a look at my tutorial at https://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/configuring-submodules-odoo-sh/

Hello Yenthe !

I tried your solution but I have this problem :

tarbib-no-grouping-master-1464233 [production/v13.0]:~/repositories/git_github.com_oca_purchase-workflow.git$ git submodule update --remote

tarbib-no-grouping-master-1464233 [production/v13.0]:~/repositories/git_github.com_oca_purchase-workflow.git$ git add -A && git commit -m "[UPD] submodule: update submodule to latest remote rev"

fatal: Unable to create '/home/odoo/repositories/git_github.com_oca_purchase-workflow.git/.git/index.lock': Read-only file system

Have you manged to update OCA submodules lately?

thanks

Best Answer

Hi wizardz,

I know your question is rather old but I had the same issue, struggled to resolve it and couldn't find any answer online.

The underlying issue was that I usually connect my local git-repositories via the "Https"-Clone-Option to Github but Submodules use the SSH-option. So you would have to set up an SSH-Key in your private Git-Repository and also set that key in your git-client. We are using Tortoise-Git and I've created a short article on our blog-page to describe how we did it: https://www.suppliot.eu/blog/our-blog-1/post/using-and-updating-submodules-with-git-and-odoo-sh-34

-Robert

Discard
Author

thank you for your commit, I had exactly the problem with the ssh-key and after I added one I had no problems anymore.