This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi all,

does anybody know if it is possible to connect Power BI to odoo.sh ?

Cheers,

Dominique

Discard

Hi Dominique... you may check out this module on appstore....https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/PowerBIConnect/

Best Answer

I've made a Power BI connector that's free and doesn't require access to PostgreSQL.

Check it out https://github.com/tmijail/Odoo-Power-BI-Connector/

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Dominique,

It is not possible. In order to be able to connect PowerBI to Odoo you will need to create a direct connection to the database. As the postgreSQL on Odoo.sh does not allow remote connections and you cannot configure the postgreSQL configuration file you won't be able to connect.

You could alternatively export data to CSV's and import those in PowerBI or you could create a Python script that downloads/parses the Odoo data (through XML-RPC) to use it later on in PowerBI.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Author

thanks for the clarification

Yenthe, is it possible to connect Power BI to an Odoo On Premise setup?

Thanks a lot.

Yes, with a direct connection to postgresql.
You will need to install an odbc driver for postgresql.

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 5:21 AM, Germán Barrientos Mora <gbarrientos@soluciones4g.com> wrote:

Yenthe, is it possible to connect Power BI to an Odoo On Premise setup?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards
Germán Barrientos
Soluciones 4G
Odoo Ready Partner

Enviado por Odoo S.A. usando Odoo.

--
Dominique KON-SUN-TACK  [Project Manager]
Odoo Gold Partner, best Odoo Partner 2014 for APAC

Mobile: + 65 8502 2399

When using separate BI tool you often have a case where you have a lot of data, let's say 100 million rows of data or more. This is fine with direct db connection, but do you have experience of exporting this kind of data volumes daily using XML-RPC. Just based on earlier experience of my this does not sound feasible?

Best Answer

Hi Dominique,

I don't have a big idea about this, but I think if you can add python script for enabling PowerBi to fetch data from Odoo , It's possible. 

Also you may take a look at this Advanced Graph View module , It's not like PowerBi but it somewhat helps to visualise the data.

Hope I Helped

Regards

Discard