Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

''Odoo Session Expired''

By
Danijel
on 4/24/15, 2:37 AM 2,734 views

Hello,

i keep getting the message ''Odoo Session Expired''. I have no idea why. I restarted my local instance/server but this didn't solve the problem.

What can I do? 

Solanki Shamji

--Solanki Shamji--
| 5 2 6
Baroda, India
--Solanki Shamji--

Hello!

Solanki Shamji
On 4/24/15, 5:01 AM

Hello,

Please try refresh page after server restarted.

May be this will help you.

Thanks.

Shamji.

Odoo

--Odoo --
| 5 2 5
kerala, India
--Odoo --

Working as a Odoo Functional and Technical Expert

Odoo
On 4/24/15, 5:04 AM

If you dont use any thing in Odoo Session (its idle state),then the session Time out Message is coming after a particular time (based on session time out code,make the changes in the session time out code).Then this issue may solved.

Change your Session expired Time

Peter HJ van Eijk
On 7/2/15, 4:01 AM

I have this problem on the SaaS online version, and it can happen within seconds. Very frustrating.

Logging out and logging in does not solve it, on the contrary!

Here is an answer from one of the functional consultants.

This error can have 2 origins :

Either you're using 2 devices ( 2 computers or one computer and one smartphone) with your login or 2 persons are sharing your user.

I had an app on my phone. I have removed the account. Let's see what happens.

This seems to have fixed the problem.

Active session shouldn't be a problem, because I restarter server and logged on just 1 PC and it's still the same, it says ''session has expired''. BUT this happens ONLY when I try to open a HTML edited quotation.

Danijel
on 7/7/15, 5:58 AM
Danijel
On 4/24/15, 5:27 AM

Session ends in approx. 5 minutes. Until today I had no such problems even if I worked logged in for days.

If you suggest me to check the code, can you please provide me instructions how to do that please?

After days I found out that this happens when I use web designer to design quotation templates. Whenever I try to print the edited/designed quotation, I get a message Session Expired. Is this pattern a useful information? Restarting server and refreshing doesn't help.

Danijel
on 5/5/15, 5:33 AM

Still no solution for that. My customer uses custom quotation design and edits templates all the time. But when my customer wants to see a quotation in pdf, an error appears ''Session has expired''. I have 2 servers. This problem occurs only on 1 server. You think that an upgrade would solve this problem?

Danijel
on 5/12/15, 2:47 AM
Dr Obx
On 4/24/15, 5:30 AM

Have you made any changes in code recently ?

Sometimes when changing modules or code in modules it kick me out, but after relog (without server restart) everything works fine.

Clear browser history (temps)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/24/15, 2:37 AM
Seen: 2734 times
Last updated: 7/2/15, 8:10 AM