This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi all,

Having a test of suitability for Odoo 12.0+e (Enterprise Edition), and there looks to be a lot to like about the Projects tool. However, I've started to add users to be responsible for certain tasks, but I don't seem to find any way to set project privacy in a sensible way. 

I only see "invitation only", which makes the project disappear for all except the PM (me). Tasks linked to individuals can be seen if they follow a direct link, but cannot be edited, and the project cannot be shared by me with any other users.

"Visible by all employees", which allows everyone to see it,

and "Visible by the following customers..." which allows everyone to see it regardless of who is chosen from this list.

I feel like I'm missing something as this feels like it should be trivial, but I can't find any documentation or useful questions on the net. Basically what I want to achieve:

Project Manager (Me): Can view & edit all projects & tasks

Project A: Can be seen & edited only by people in user group A

Project B: Can be seen & edited only by people in user group B

Thanks,

Jordan

Discard
Author

Hi, anyone able to help with the concept of how to apply permissions to different projects?

Best Answer

Hi,

I'm using odoo 12 Community edition,maybe there will be some differences between two editions ,but I hope these information would be useful for you.

As your requirement,after creating a project and setting"invitation only",when you click in the project,in the bottom right corner of the page you can invite whoever you want.Those people you invited can view and edit the project,and you can delete anyone from the list,but don't delete yourself or you can't do anything with the project without manager's help.

Discard

HIi, I also using odoo12 comunity edition, and now i want to set user like this in Project Management Module.

1. Project Manager(can create and edit all projects and tasks)

2.Supervisor(can create and edit only his project)

3.User(Can only edit his assigned tasks).How to do that? Please kindly help to me .Thanks.

Best Answer

In Project setting you have given option to select for visibility of project.

VisibilityInvited employees
All employees
Invited portal users and all employees

Also make that user as USERs, If you set him/her as Admin he/she can see all projects.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Can't delete this one myself -- accidentally posted in the wrong section!

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

checkout this app if helpful:

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/project_followers_ext/

Discard