Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

odoo Project Management: Timesheet entry not possible: Error! Conversion from Product UoM Day(s) to Default UoM Unit(s) is not possible as the both belong to different Category

By
Jörg Ricardo Schumacher
on 10/1/14, 4:13 PM 1,856 views

Hello,

I get the error stated above when I try to add a timesheet entry for a task in a project. My employee is well-defined in HR and in the HR tab, the standard product of this employee is a self-defined service product.

Default working time unit for services is Day(s).

Even if I change it to Hour(s), I get the same error, just with hours. What am I missing here?

Brgds

Jörg

Hello, I have found the answer myself.

It is possible to define the UoM of a product, but only if the defining user has "Technical Features" active and the tickmark "Manage Multiple Units of Measure" is active.

Then, it is possible to define the UoM and align it to the Project UoM.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 10/2/14, 8:23 AM

The product that is attached to your employee is probably still measured in pieces, not in hours. This is of course incompatible with each other. Try to create a new employee and product and set the UoM's to hours. When done, retry entering a timsheet entry.

Hello Ludo, thank you for your comment. I can't find the option to change the UoM of a product. Where is it?

Jörg Ricardo Schumacher
on 10/4/14, 7:31 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/1/14, 4:13 PM
Seen: 1856 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM