Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

odoo philosophy ws blogs, signup and users accounts - backoffice/frontoffice users ?

By
Laurent
on 2/27/15, 6:35 AM 956 views

I wonder if my choice of odoo is right. I need to design a web site with e-commerce, events, and blog. I mean something that may work like a tiny amazon to give an example known by everybody. What I want especially concerning blogs or products is that a user shall sign-up to be able to post comments, that sign-up shall be confirmed by email, and that this user account gives access only to the ability to post comments to products he boughts or blogs pages.

In my setup attempt, when a user sign-up, there is no email verification, and the user account contains an email account, and possibly access to things I don't want.

So, is odoo mature enough for e-commerce / blog, or is it to be considered as an alpha for test only or something that required an odoo developper to make something with it ? Is a user account a backoffice account ? Is there the possibility to distinguish back-office users and frontoffice users ?

Honestly if these are your only requirements you shouldn't go for Odoo. The e-commerce and blog is new since V8 and in my opinion not mature yet. There is no spam protection on Odoo yet so you'll get swamped with spam if your site gets popular. Why don't you look at alternatives such as wordpress? They stand a lot further in the progress of blogging etc.

Yenthe
on 2/27/15, 7:09 AM

Thanks Yenthe for your clear answer. That's what I was afraid of.

Laurent
on 2/27/15, 8:13 AM

No problem! The problem is that you'd need some technical knowledge for if something goes wrong etc and the website/blog isn't really stable yet.. Best of luck!

Yenthe
on 2/27/15, 8:26 AM

I have the same needs as Laurent; plus Rss feed reader. Currently I am trying to understand how to use the Odoo framework (I am using what is available as a saas user with odoo 7.3 release). I now understand how to embed a youtube video in a blog page but still not how to capture a RSS feed. Any clue on this would great for me.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 2/27/15, 9:14 AM

@Laurent: do you know how Django complies with the mark-up standards recommended by Google and others (re semantic web)? from the htmf source code of the Django demo I see nothing corresponding with these features!

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 2/27/15, 9:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/27/15, 6:35 AM
Seen: 956 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM