Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo/Open ERP Customer Wizard

By
Petey
on 4/17/15, 9:26 AM 602 views

Hi folks,

I'm new to Odoo/OpenERP and I need some help. I've created a wizard to be displayed on the res.partner page which lists/shows all of the customers. What it does is it will allow me to select multiple customers and add a parent company to them. However, I don't know where to add the wizard folder in the file structure. 

I realize that I have to create my init file, but that's easy once I know where this is supposed to go. Any thoughts would be greatly helpful. Thank you!

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 4/17/15, 9:46 AM

Realistically, your folder's file structure can look almost however you want, but naming conventions (at least in v7) would look something like this:

my_custom_module/
    wizard/
        __init__.py
        res_partner_batch_parent.py
        res_partner_batch_parent_view.xml
    __init__.py
    __openerp__.py
    res_partner.py
    res_partner_view.xml

As long as your __init__.py files are all importing folders and files properly and your __openerp__.py file has the proper file structure to import all XML/CSV/CSS/JS/etc files, you should be fine.

my_custom_module/__init__.py:

import res_partner
import wizard

my_custom_module/wizard/__init__.py:

import res_partner_batch_parent 

You could technically have a wizard folder named "asdf" and your wizard Python file named "qwerty.py" and be perfectly fine as long as __init__.py is accurate, but it's terrible naming convention.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/17/15, 9:26 AM
Seen: 602 times
Last updated: 4/17/15, 9:46 AM