Odoo Help

Odoo online - product validate and import seems to work but shows NO products

By
Adam Moonen
on 4/29/15, 1:10 AM 991 views

Hi all,

After finally getting my csv file right to import my products, I run through the validation procedure and all is good - no errors.

I then hit import - it seems to do the same as the validate option (look and feel and time it takes), and after it appears to have finished, I click on products and nothing is there.

With the online version, there are around 52 required fields that I export to a csv file. I then add a few other fields that I require for my POS products. 

Any ideas on why this simple task would not be working?

Did you checked about active field,,?? check whether product goes to non-active area using advanced filters..........

Baiju KS
on 4/29/15, 3:00 AM

Hi, yes I have the Active field in the table and have each product set to TRUE in this field.

Adam Moonen
on 4/29/15, 7:23 PM
Adam Moonen
On 5/5/15, 9:14 PM

Hi all,

as an update, I have now got this working.

When the validation appeared to be working, there was a small/thin pink bar that ran along the top, the same colour as when you get an error. I modified the csv file to only have a subset of the whole contents of the file (around 1000 rows). 

I did the validation on this and saw I had around 1000 errors!! So obviously the original file with several thousand rows was just generating too many errors (the same one error for every item) to show up, so I only got the thin bar at the top.

Once I fixed the sheet, I got a blue bar saying "Everything seems valid".

The online version of the software is still new I guess so there is not a great deal of documentation regarding errors etc. I am thinking I will write a doco for the import of products as I see it as it is a little different from the way Odoo recommend doing it and my experience has given me more insight.

Thanks all

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/15, 1:10 AM
Seen: 991 times
Last updated: 5/5/15, 9:16 PM