Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo online - product validate and import seems to work but shows NO products

By
Adam Moonen
on 4/29/15, 1:10 AM 651 views

Hi all,

After finally getting my csv file right to import my products, I run through the validation procedure and all is good - no errors.

I then hit import - it seems to do the same as the validate option (look and feel and time it takes), and after it appears to have finished, I click on products and nothing is there.

With the online version, there are around 52 required fields that I export to a csv file. I then add a few other fields that I require for my POS products. 

Any ideas on why this simple task would not be working?

Did you checked about active field,,?? check whether product goes to non-active area using advanced filters..........

Baiju
on 4/29/15, 3:00 AM

Hi, yes I have the Active field in the table and have each product set to TRUE in this field.

Adam Moonen
on 4/29/15, 7:23 PM
Adam Moonen
On 5/5/15, 9:14 PM

Hi all,

as an update, I have now got this working.

When the validation appeared to be working, there was a small/thin pink bar that ran along the top, the same colour as when you get an error. I modified the csv file to only have a subset of the whole contents of the file (around 1000 rows). 

I did the validation on this and saw I had around 1000 errors!! So obviously the original file with several thousand rows was just generating too many errors (the same one error for every item) to show up, so I only got the thin bar at the top.

Once I fixed the sheet, I got a blue bar saying "Everything seems valid".

The online version of the software is still new I guess so there is not a great deal of documentation regarding errors etc. I am thinking I will write a doco for the import of products as I see it as it is a little different from the way Odoo recommend doing it and my experience has given me more insight.

Thanks all

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/15, 1:10 AM
Seen: 651 times
Last updated: 5/5/15, 9:16 PM