Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo Online - Open Office Report Designer

By
Ian Kersey
on 8/3/14, 5:37 PM 1,137 views

Hi,

What are the correct parameters for using the OpenOffice report designer using an online instance?

I'm using Version 7.saas~3 but continually receive "connection denied". I've tried the guidance as per a variety of similar questions (including https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/openerp-online-what-are-the-parameters-for-the-report-designer-or-the-thunderbird-plugin-4900) but this has not worked.

Thanks.

Gunther Kohn
On 8/7/14, 4:51 PM

I used my local IP and port 8069 as default port.The rest is the same as above. You also have to configure the add in. After that there are no problems.

I also had this problem.  Tried numerous PCs (all Windows 7) and different networks to no avail.

Eventually got straight in on a PC running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS using LibreOffice 3.5.7.2 Build ID: 350m1(Build 2) having loaded in OpenERP Report deigner V1 as an extension.

Server was "mycompanyname".odoo.com

Port: 443

Protcol: XML-RPC secure

Database: "the name of your database"

Login: "your local login name"

Password:"as set in Settings, users, users, change password"

I may find out what was wrong in the Windows configuration, firewall, anti-virus but at the moment am happy that I have a connection

Hope that helps

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/3/14, 5:37 PM
Seen: 1137 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM