This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi folks,

I installed 8.0 on my DS-216-II and works well overall.  I installed it with the Synology package but realized there is a 10.0 version.  Is making the jump to 10.0 worth it and if so on Synology anyone has installed?

Thanks!    

Discard
Best Answer

So, Donald, it would help a lot of us if you could guide us on the correct steps to bring our Odoo's in our Synology's up to ver. 10.

Could you please let us know what it took to make it work?

Thank you.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Donald, I've been trying to get the same thing done, that Docker container w/Odoo 10 visible on the network and having issues. How did you resolve this?  Not looking to have Internet visibility, just LAN.

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

I have tried OpenERP 7 and Odoo 8 on Synology. 8 was better than 7 then I setup Odoo 10 on my Ubuntu 16.10 machine running VirtualBox with Ubuntu 16.04 desktop (amd64). I installed the Postgresql and Python for Odoo 10. My interests are mainly in the POS section of Odoo and it works better and handles the DB better. The POS is better developed and seems to have less bugs. I moved the VirtualBox Ubuntu 16.04 to a flash drive and had problems with the Ubuntu part freezing after login on one of my computers but the server worked till a login. I installed Odoo 10 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Server and used a Mate desktop to fix most of the problems with Ubuntu, that ran smooth.

Currently I am trying to get Odoo 10.0 to run on my Synology DS-713+. I know from Synology that you can't have 2 Odoo's so I have Odoo 8 stopped but not uninstalled yet. I have been working on setting Odoo 10.0 up on Synology Docker with Ubuntu 16.04 Server and ran into a problem with the Postgresgl DB server install so I tried a external Synology Docker Postgresgl and still did not get it to answer on my network but could operate things with terminal. 

I found a direct Synology Docker install of Odoo-10.0 which was a lot easier to get up but it still doesn't output to my network yet and it doesn't seem to be a firewall problem. I'm still trying.....

I think Odoo 10.0 POS is better than the earlier versions down to 7 anyway. I tried eCommerce a little on 8, it creates a web site which is probably a little better than my Joomla and my not need Apache, especially if you want Sales availability. It may even have a PayPal option.

Discard

I finally figured all the Ts to Cross and I's to dot tonight. I have a Odoo 10 package running on my Synology DS-713+ server with Docker ported to the internet and working. I imported a previous Odoo 10 database I made on my Ubuntu 16.04 setup successfully. Its not nearly as fast as on a computer but it will do for now. I also managed to get Zoneminder working and the VLC telnet working on my home network. Docker Odoo 10 is using a external (but in Docker) Postgres 9.4 database.

I figured what it took to get from Docker thru Synology and out to my network!

Wa Hoooo...

Best Answer

It seems that the version 10 is not planed for Synology.

Discard