This question has been flagged

I want to use Odoo on a cloud, I'm using it on a traditionnal dedicated server, the problem is I want to pay just what I consume, besides, I want to plan my ressources on a long term strategy, it means that I want from my infrastructures to be scalable, that's why I choosed the cloud. 

First Question : I want to get the complete control of my cloud, what does it need to do that ? I heard about IASS (Infrastructure as A service), anyone experienced using odoo on cloud ?

Second Question : What is the best cloud service provider ?

I want from you dear community to share your experience using odoo on cloud. 

Any adivce will be welcome. 

Thanks.

Discard

Hi Yassine, there are plenty of cloud providers that simply offer you a server with resources. I've had a few ones run on DigitalOcean and never had problems there :) (https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/)

Hi Yenthe,

It'a a pleasure to hear from you again.

So the context is the same as a dedicates server, but I wonder while commandig the cloud offer, you don't select a commanding option ? Like IAAS(infrastructure as a service), because not everyone can master a dedicated server.

Another question : while working with the cloud, they don't give you interfaces to change the server ressources ? Like CPU, RAM, because the purpose for me behind the cloud is to pay just what I need.

Thanks for your reply.

Le 15 juin 2015 06:45, "Yenthe" <yenthespam@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi Yassine, there are plenty of cloud providers that simply offer you a server with resources. I've had a few ones run on DigitalOcean and never had problems there :) (https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/)

--
Yenthe
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post Odoo On cloud ?

You can also evaluate aws.amazon.com.

Best Answer

You can use AWS EC Instance to hold Odoo application and shift the postgres database into AWS RDS.

This way, you will have a highly scalable setup. You can control scaling the application or database layer separately and according to the bottleneck in future.

Discard
Author

Thanks, Can you give me please the pricing for this package ? I could'nt find it for AWS. I tried hard to get a quotation for a minimal requirement to run both odoo 7 and 8. Can you please do me this favour? thanks. Ressources to define the AWS EC and RDS both services will be also very kind.