This question has been flagged

Hello, can somebody support please. 

What could be the reason for Odoo application not starting after successful package installation (Community) into Ubuntu 18.04 Server?

root@odoo:~# dpkg -i odoo_13.0.latest_all.deb wkhtmltox_0.12.5-1.bionic_amd64.deb

(Reading database ... 130424 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack odoo_13.0.latest_all.deb ...

Unpacking odoo (13.0.20200521) over (13.0.20200521) ...

Preparing to unpack wkhtmltox_0.12.5-1.bionic_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking wkhtmltox (1:0.12.5-1.bionic) over (1:0.12.5-1.bionic) ...

Setting up odoo (13.0.20200521) ...

Setting up wkhtmltox (1:0.12.5-1.bionic) ...

Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10.40) ...

Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-21) ...

Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.3-2ubuntu0.1) ...

root@odoo:~# 

After processing the installation check it goes back to the root entry point.

What can be the issue here?

Thanks

Jose
Discard
Best Answer

What's the error when you start service or when you write ./odoo-bin in odoo containing directory .

If you are starting odoo as a service you will get the error log in your log file .

@hello Jose the issue may that odoo is not able to find the ./odoo-bin in odoo directory . This may be you have installed the odoo as a different user or its simply missing plz see the both cases.

If you have installed odoo as a different linux user then you must be switch to that user and try to start the odoo by ./odoo-bin 

@jose I think that linux  is not able to find the ./odoo-bin file . . Please check the installation or the directory path you are typing for execution . It's not big issue you can solve it.

I suggest to try installation locally through same steps you had done on server. 

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Vikash, the response of the command: ./odoo-bin is the following: "Not such file or directory"

Even if when I check the installations I see:

Installed directory: odoo/now 13.0.20200521 all [installed,local]

Thanks for your advice

Jose

@Vikas, I have used the same admin user during the installation. What do you mean by "missing PLZ"?

Discard