Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
We are happy to announce Odoo Module Builder (https://github.com/slmoebius/builder): a module for creating modules in Odoo for Odoo.
We have being working with Odoo (formerly OpenERP) for two years now. At the beginning, module programming was exciting because we were in the learning process, but after a while we begin to acknowledge some patterns and repetitive processes, and the idea of a module for creating modules come to our minds. We hope this module will help the community.
Well I make a test installing a odoo (branch 8.0 althouhg not the latest) and installing the product module with the builder and I couldn't reproduce that error (weird error indeed). It does't hurt if you post the complete stacktrace if you like or instead could you create an issue with it in github so we can check all that in one place please.
Documentation is one pending matter of the builder, but we made it quite similar to the odoo interface for the elements we manage such as models, fields, module itself, groups, record rules etc. Odoo developers shouln't be lost on the interface.
To highlight some of the current features:
- create module with basic info
- create of models, importing existing (models from installed modules) and manage external dependencies for imported modules, create fields, manage model methods, designer (web_diagram) for models (nodes) and fields (transitions for relation fields)
- create views for models and wizard supporting basic setting for most (except qweb) of the view types with custom code if needed
- creation of actions (currently only window actions)
- creation of menu items (can be mixed with current system menu if referencing parent)
- create groups (can be set on actions, menus, fields, etc)
- create model access rules with wizard to generate it for selected models and groups (generates ir.model.access.csv)
- create model rules (ir.rule)
- create cron jobs
- import local module (installed module) is a feature to inspect a given module (models, fields, relations, etc) is not intended for cloning a module and made modifications
- export and import module feature is not currently working right now
that's the features so far for the backend section, a website section is already created but not finished yet
I had an issue where I try to create a module. But I could solve it moving line 858 before line 827 of file /openerp/osv/expression.py and all works fine.
But now I add the basic information of module but when i click on 'Download' to install this module, my server crash with 'Internal Server Error'.
Any idea? Help please.
This can be a great addon to speedup Odoo development and customisation! Thanks for this.
I am looking forward to try it. Is there a short docs about the features and 'ToDos' available?
Hi I tried to install the module into odoo v8 branch, with almost no other modules (only products installed) and getting an weird exception:
I will not show the full trace (if you need it i'll post)
File "/opt/odoo/odoo-server/openerp/models.py", line 1267, in _validate_fields
raise ValidationError('\n'.join(errors)) ParseError: "ValidateError Field(s) `arch` failed against a constraint: Invalid view definition Error details: _description_searchable" while parsing /opt/odoo/custom/addons/builder/views/module_view.xml:4, near <record id="module_form" model="ir.ui.view"> <field name="name">builder.ir.module.module.form</field> <field name="model">builder.ir.module.module</field> <field name="arch" type="xml"> <form string="Module">
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 4/12/15, 12:56 PM|
|Seen: 5068 times|
|Last updated: 8/28/16, 11:10 PM|