Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo Messaging and Other mail systems

By
Craig Boltman
on 11/10/16, 4:12 AM 165 views

Hi All,

I see that there ARE many articles on configuring mail servers. This is not a request for that.

I am able to set up Sending and Receiving mail servers fine.

ITO IMAP Servers, I would like to pull in the Mail Server Side Sent Items folder as well into Odoo.

Is this possible? does anyone have a clue on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Craig Boltman
On 11/10/16, 4:42 PM

Hi,

Thats actually not the same. that uses the IMAP protocol to sync the INBOX. I wanted to sync the SENT ITEMS as well.

Nevertheless, I found the module fetchmail_attach_from_folder that does exactly that.

As a noob, which I am through and through, I managed to get SENT ITEMS synced and it links fine in the message thread.

Unfortunately I am now, using the module fetchmail_attach_from_folder, required to set up the INBOX sync as well. I'm a bit stuck on the model required. In Settings/Technical/Email/Messages I can see the email pulling in, the recipient is mapped out fine, but there are no "Notified Partners"...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but am now struggling with that.

As I always say, as long as its a different error I am moving forward....

Billiard R Made
On 11/10/16, 4:26 PM

I see in 2014 Lawrence asked \a similar question which he later found some solution. 

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/receive-sent-mail-on-mail-server-by-imap-8202

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/10/16, 4:12 AM
Seen: 165 times
Last updated: 11/10/16, 4:42 PM