This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Hi everyone,

When I try to access my Odoo 12 instance on a mobile device, I cannot see all the menu items.

I know they are there, but they are simple not visible because of the backgroung color that Odoo uses on mobile devices.

In order for you to understand, please have a look on the following screenshots taken from my mobile phone.

1. Sales App Main menu

The Sales sub-menus and menu items are not visible but they are there... They are on a color almost like the background color...

After clicking on the top area of the screen, right below the "Sales" bar, i found them...

2. Sales Orders Sub-Menu and items...

3. Sales Settings area...

Is there any way I can solve that in order to get all information visible?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Discard
Best Answer

Odoo CE is still not meant for mobile devices. I would suggest you download and install this free app.

It is very similar to Odoo EE backend theme.

https://www.odoo.com/apps/themes/12.0/openworx_backend_theme/

Discard

Odoo 12 CE is supposed to mobile responsive if it is has some issues raise the issue in Github and see whether it will get fixed or what they about it.

As a solution for this, As you have told he can use some responsive theme available in the store

^ Actually, no Cybrosys, there has never been an official statement it would be fully mobile responsive. It is only a best efforts. Their enterprise version is fully mobile and they made the official statement for enterprise though. Honestly the community version is still not very workable on mobile.

Even on Odoo's website, https://www.odoo.com/page/editions they are still shown mobile is not supported for CE. They could be only referencing the mobile app but I am sure they would make a disclaimer if CE was supported on mobile from the browser.

Author

Thank you all and @James Dominy, I will have a look at the theme you refer. I don't exactly need a mobile solution for Odoo CE at this stage. I also believe that "mobile" is further beyond being responsive and theme related as you all stated. I will check the theme and look for additional solutions for this and keep you informed. Thank you all once again. Best regards

Author

@James, I have tested the module you refer and get my requirements satisfied.

For those who's facing similar problems, the best option is really to find a theme that helps them or at least one they can change to meet they're requirements.

Thank you once again

Best Answer

As a shorthand solution to this problem with Odoo - 13: 

Open addons => web =>static =>src =>css =>scss =>navbar.scss 

Go to line no : 75 add line

background-color:#7c7bad;

Discard
Author

@Tushar Kshirsagar great.

Is there any way we can do it without directly edit core Odoo css files? Some inheritance over this "navbar.css"?

There is possibility to this, for example like creating custom theme.