Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

odoo is down

on 6/2/15, 5:16 AM 519 views

I have a very strange problem. At about 6 pm our working day is finished and odoo works fine. When I come back to the office at 9 am, odoo doesn't work. 

service odoo start - and everyrhing is fine.

There is no anything in log files, there is no any commands in cron.

Could someone help me?

Can anybody else access your Odoo (admin side)? Does your server shutdown every day at 6-9pm? Is there an automatic service that restarts Odoo when the machine re-starts? Etcetc :)

on 6/2/15, 5:27 AM

Noone besides me has an access. I have already excluded anything I can imagine. The server is working 11 days root@crm:/etc# uptime 12:31:07 up 11 days, 2:34, 1 user, load average: 0,00, 0,05, 0,05

on 6/2/15, 5:31 AM

Hmm that is indeed strange. Does the Odoo still work on the machine itself? (not remote) or is it not working there either?

on 6/2/15, 5:53 AM

It;s not working at all ps ax |grep odoo doesn't show anything but after "service odoo start" everything is great: root@crm:/etc# ps ax |grep odoo 18072 ? Sl 8:16 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/odoo.py --config /etc/odoo/openerp-server.conf --logfile /var/log/odoo/odoo-server.log

on 6/2/15, 5:56 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 6/2/15, 8:25 AM

I had regular odoo shutdowns without any log entries when I was using an AWS micro instance with 1 GB RAM only. Since I have upgraded to 2GB RAM, this problem disappeared.

On 6/3/15, 2:28 AM

Ermin, thanks for your answer. Unfortunatelly I can't comment because I don't have enough karma. I have only 512 MB RAM, maybe this is a problem. If it will help, the last thing I see in log entries is fetching email, and after it Odoo is down. Can yo tell me did you have a lot of inbox emails when you had similar problem?

I've solved the problem by adding more swap. I think it will be useful for somebody. Here is the instruction (for Ubuntu): https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-add-swap-on-ubuntu-14-04

on 6/10/15, 2:25 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/2/15, 5:16 AM
Seen: 519 times
Last updated: 6/8/15, 6:18 AM