This question has been flagged

I installed odoo server and the postgresql database separately. But I cann't use default postgresql port. So I used port 5433. Then I installed odoo server.  Then this issue arise. It says 'The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application'. How I resolve this problem

Discard
Best Answer

You need to check that your PostgreSQL server it's listenning at the right network interface or '*', and using the port 5433. this could be check at the postgresql.conf file of your installation. Also you need to authorize the access to the PostgreSQL server from the Odoo server ip address, you could do that at the pg_hba.conf file of your installation. Next restart the PostgreSQL server and check if Odoo can connect to it

Discard
Author

Thank you Axel Mendoza. But I don't understand how to authorize the access to the PostgreSQL server form the odoo server ip address. Here the pg_hba config entries in my postgreSQL installation. # TYPE DATABASE USER ADDRESS METHOD @remove-line-for-nolocal@# "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only @remove-line-for-nolocal@local all all @authmethodlocal@ # IPv4 local connections: host all all 127.0.0.1/32 @authmethodhost@ # IPv6 local connections: host all all ::1/128 @authmethodhost@ # Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the # replication privilege. @remove-line-for-nolocal@#local replication @default_username@ @authmethodlocal@ #host replication @default_username@ 127.0.0.1/32 @authmethodhost@ #host replication @default_username@ ::1/128 @authmethodhost@

Add a line like this:

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
host    all             all             odoo_ip_address/32         md5
Author

I am using localhost for load odoo for browser. Is it correct if I add odoo_ip_address as 0.0.0.0 ?

Author

I am using localhost for load odoo for browser. Is it correct if I add odoo_ip_address as 0.0.0.0 ?

No, it's not correct. In that line you need to authorize the access from a subnet range of ip addresses, so if you specify a direct ip address you use /32, for a big range you need to do it like:
#take this subnet ip address: 192.168.1.143
192.168.1.143/32
192.168.1.0/24
192.168.0.0/16
192.0.0.0/8
0.0.0.0/0
#not sure about this

I mean that I'm not sure about 0.0.0.0/0
Did you solve it your problem?

Author

Yes I solved the problem. The problem was in the openerp-config file. In there data dir should be like this--> data_dir = C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\OpenERP S.A.\Odoo. But previously it was like this--?data_dir = C:\Users\admin_2\AppData\Local\OpenERP S.A.\Odoo. Thank you Axel Mendoza.

If your problem was solved you need to vote for the answer so it may help to others

Best Answer

This error most probably occurs because of a db connection error. In what environment are you working? Linux or Windows?

Discard
Author

On windows.

edit the C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 8.0-20151015\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf file (NOTE: take a backup of the file), change, port = 5433, then in C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 8.0-20151015\PostgreSQL\data\pg_hba.conf (NOTE: take a backup of the file) leave only these two lines uncommented, "host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5", "host all all ::1/128 md5". Comment the rest of the codes. Restart PostgreSQL_For_Odoo service from Task Manager->Services. Then check whether odoo works. Good luck!

Best Answer

Did you change the database port configuration in openerp-server.conf?

db_port = 5433

Also, it's a good idea to see the Odoo logs as this error doesn't sound to me as a database connection problem...

Discard
Author

Yes I have changed.