This question has been flagged
1 Reply

What does flagging a post mean and what are the consequences?

Discard

Normally flagging mean makes attention to the moderators that the content is irrelevant or contains some unuseful contents. So the notification will be getting for the users with more points, But I don't know the point limit and hope that would be higher.

Author

I agree with you, but unfortunately the Odoo way of flagging is different. This is why I made this contribution.

Author

... by the way, I do now close the other post :-)

I am following the StackOverflow standards, But I agree with you. I have the Impression that the odoo forum should make some more filtering on the question to improve and make precise questions. Even most of the questions are without their attempts, sample or what they need to achieve.

Author

Downvoting and commenting why the downvote was made helps the people with enough karma to moderate. I do agree with your assessment of the very often very poor quality of questions and postings and I try to help making it better.

Author Best Answer

Flagging a post means declaring it as offensive for several reasons (see screenshot). The poster will be sanctioned with -100 karma points!

Therefore: please do only flag posts, when it comes about offensive language or behaviour.

If you just don't like a post or you feel it is not according to the forum guidelines, do downvote the post and make an explaining comment. If you have enough karma, you can even close the post, but also in this case provide a reason as comment. If you do not have enough karma to close the post yourself, downvote it and explain it in the comment and somebody with enough karma may then close it.

In most of the cases this is the desired action instead of flagging:

Discard