Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo designed website hosting

By
Hesham ELMAHDY
on 12/13/14, 4:37 AM 1,326 views

Can I design a website using Odoo and then take the website and host it anywhere without installing Odoo? If yes, How?

Thanks Luke. Would you please explain what this will do.And how will it know where the Odoo website is?

Hesham ELMAHDY
on 12/13/14, 5:56 AM

@Hesham, This will download a copy of the website in HTML-only format. You will have copies of all the images, javascript, css, and html that is used to render the website copied to your local machine (wherever you used the wget command from). You can then upload these files onto any webserver and you will have your website as you created it in Odoo.

Luke Branch
on 12/13/14, 5:59 AM
Thanks Luke, I will try it.

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Luke <luke-weairsoft-com@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

@Hesham, This will download a copy of the website in HTML-only format. You will have copies of all the images, javascript, css, and html that is used to render the website copied to your local machine (wherever you used the wget command from). You can then upload these files onto any webserver and you will have your website as you created it in Odoo.

Hesham ELMAHDY
on 12/13/14, 6:03 AM

Hi Stephen, I am unable to comment as I still lack enough karmas. The question is about already developed websites, so no new effort will be done.

Hesham ELMAHDY
on 12/13/14, 11:53 AM

Luke Branch

--Luke Branch--
| 6 7 8
Mui Wo, Lantau, Hong Kong
--Luke Branch--

Luke Branch
On 12/13/14, 12:10 PM

@Hesham, technically it's possible with a command called wget in linux: wget --recursive --no-clobber --page-requisites --html-extension --convert-links --restrict-file-names=windows --domains yourwebsite.com --no-parent www.yourwebsite.com just replace the yourwebsite.com domain with the domain of your finished Odoo website.

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 12/13/14, 8:30 AM

So you only want static html files that will be almost impossible to change?  If you are going to all that trouble, there are much better design tools than odoo CMS.

Will you want to capture visiting contact details?  Or do you wish to have any dynamic content on your website?

You don't have to install any module that you don't need (accounting, warehouse, etc). 

I guess I just don't understand why you would want to do what you are asking. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/13/14, 4:37 AM
Seen: 1326 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM